Local SEO – How to Get Your Business Ranked
If your locale is specific to your brand, then so should be your SEO campaign. After all, local search results change quicker than any other online results.Local SEO campaigns will focus on different types of links than your average campaign.
If you want to rank alongside other local listings, you must optimize your website for on-page SEO, local reviews, local NAP citations, and My Business signals.
Set Up Your Google My Business page
First things first: setting up your Google My Business page with as much info as possible will improve your ranking opportunities. The info needed:
- A thorough, well-formatted description of your company, including links
- Several uploaded pics (the more, the merrier), including a proper cover and profile photo
- Correctly categorizing your business
- Local phone number and business address
- Relevant hours of business operation
- Customer reviews
Local NAP Citations
For the layman, NAP stands for name, address, and phone number. These need to be clear and consistent across all websites, including your own and any local citations.
This is crucial to SEO: the details and format must be identical when mentioning NAP details across all websites.
The Schema.org Markup will help search engines display your NAP info accurately.
Reviews can influence search rankings, whether Google, Yelp, or other local directory reviews. Prioritize getting some Google reviews on the cards before you delve into the others.
How do you coerce some reviews out of your customers?
- Give discounts to your existing customer base in exchange for a review.
- Set up a website page specifically for online reviews, instructing customers where and how they can review your product or service
As for localized on-page SEO, it’s fairly similar to normal SEO tactics. But to summarize, here are five SEO on-page tactics:
- In the title tag of your landing page, include a relevant keyword, along with your city/region
- In the URL of your landing page, include a relevant keyword, along with your city/region
- In the image ALT attributes of your landing page, include a relevant keyword, along with your city/region
- In the content of your landing page, include a relevant keyword, along with your city/region
- In your landing page, embed a Google map that includes your business marker
By optimizing your business’ on-page SEO, local reviews, local NAP citations, and My Business signals, you’ll be well on your way to getting your business ranked locally on Google and other search engines.
At LAD Solutions, we have a team of Local SEO experts ready to help your website get on the first page of Google and generate more leads or sales. For more information, contact us for a No Obligation Consultation, or call 888.523.2926.