Whether your business is big or small, new or old, or simply a side project—your business depends on the happiness and loyalty of your customers—but before you can have returning customers, you need to acquire new ones. So how do you attract new customers to your business?
First and foremost, to be the most effective in your marketing strategy, know who your target audience is and what your business provides for them. This will make the following five solutions much easier to adopt into your marketing strategy.
- Create buzz surrounding your company. Volunteering your services within the community, creating contests for giveaways or sponsoring a sport’s team or children’s organization are all good ways to generate publicity for your business. If your business is more on the intellectual side such as social media consulting, web design, or law—offer to teach an introductory class or offer free consultations. These options create exposure for your company and the recipients of your deeds are sure to spread news about you through word of mouth and thus, attract new clientele to your business.
- Be present on digital media. In this day and age, your business absolutely needs to have a website, some form of social media and web traffic strategy such as Search Engine Optimization or Pay-Per-Click Advertising. Now this does not mean that your business needs to be on every social media platform known to man, but rather on one or two strategically chosen platforms where you can have more direct interaction with your target demographic and where you can lead people back to your website to view your services. Similarly, implementing an effective SEO & SEM strategy for your website can easily become the best source for attracting new customers to your business.
- Build relationships. This should be an obvious one, but you should always keep in mind that you are a representation of the company that you work for. Therefore, a relationship that you built in the past and anyone that you meet in the future could be a potential client or lead the path towards a potential client and new market. Utilize this.
- Pay it forward. Create partnerships with nearby or other emerging businesses. This is a wonderful way to not only build relationships with other entrepreneurs, but also to increase traffic by gaining access to new markets and to decrease expenses by bundling marketing costs. Try offering a double promo or if you shop at one business, you get a discount coupon for the other one.
- Provide value and exceptional customer service. Probably the most influential tactic by far, you should always treat your customers with courtesy and respect. By providing superior service, a quality product, and an exceptional experience for your customers, your business will speak for itself. Customers will return and tell people within their networks about their experience, which further increases the amount of traffic towards your business. Word of mouth referrals are highly effective in converting prospects into customers.
Those were the 5 best ways on how to attract new customers to your business in 2016.
To learn more about how LAD Solutions can help you gain more customers, or to schedule a complimentary internet marketing analysis, please contact LAD Solutions at 888.523.2926 or visit www.LADSolutions.com.